Thursday, August 12, 2010

Closing note

Thank you all for reading my blog. I truly hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed living it. Growing up in a small town I have many misconceptions of the world. In my trip notes I try to point them out in a humorous way. I am sorry if I have offended any of you that have chosen to read about my trip. I love to travel because the people that I meet always make me a better person in the end. Without a doubt the people that I met on the road were the highlight of my trip. I have tried to use my silly sense of humor bring many of these encounters to life. I find it sad that many people put travel off until the end of their lives. My limited amount of traveling has had such a huge effect on so much of the way I think about everything. Traveling has revealed to me the full spectrum of color in a world that I grew up believing was in many ways simply black and white.

Things I learned while on my trip:

1. Its hard to slow down when driving fast is so much fun.
2. Good equipment means less equipment.
3. Less equipment means less stuff to pack up every morning.
4. Fuel up as often as you can.
5. Eat half as often as you can.
6. Say “hi” as often as you can.
7. Souveniers are items you collect for later yard sales
8. A trip by yourself doesn’t mean you’ll ever be lonely.
9. Whatever crazy trip you're doing, 1/3 of the people you meet are doing a crazier one.
10. Five days on a boat is two too long if you own a motorcycle.
11. Nebraska is mind numbingly long.
12. Nothing good happens after 10:00 pm on a motorcycle.
13. A good adventure once in awhile make home seem better.
14. I like to use the words great and awesome a lot. That's not too bad a habit. Its better than "right on".



God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment